Built as will of Duke Farnese in just one year, it was inaugurated ten years later by the occasion of the marriage of Margherita de ‘Medici and the Duke Edoardo Farnese.
It’s right between the horsetoe-shaped steep steps and the fresco decorations of Emilian artists that we still seem to hear the rustle of the dresses that swirled in great balls at the Medici cortege.
Unfortunately, however, was later opened only at weddings and official visits.
We must give our thanks to Verdi, who allowed music to enter this theater in 1913 by the occasion of the first Verdi celebrations.
Destroyed by bombing and later rebuilt is now the scene of the National Gallery of Parma.