The construction of Compiano Castle, that overlooks the river Taro for its robustness, was carried on before the year 1000.

It had been the fortress of the Landi until 1682, then of the Farnese, and it had been expanded and restored on several occasions.

Today it hosts the “Gambarotta” Collection with art objects, furnitures, paintings of the 16th and 17th centuries and the characteristic permanent exhibition “Orizzonti massonici” (“Masonic horizons”).

For a refined tour, a part of the caste is designated for the relais and the convention center.

CATEGORIA
Monuments
INDIRIZZO
Via Marco Rossi Sidoli, 15
43053 Compiano
Italia