After the foundation of the Jesuit college, Pietro Pettorelli ordered its expansion, building so the church of S.Ignazio.

The church and college were completed in 1682, the facade of the complex is crossed by a number of large and high arches divided by pilasters according to Tuscany style.

The altarpiece with the glory of S. Ignazio is attributed to Pier Ilario Duster.

After the Jesuits were expelled from the Duchy of Parma and Piacenza by Ferdinando Borbone in 1773, the college was used as a hospital and also housed the public schools then attended by Giuseppe Verdi.

 

CATEGORIA
Monuments
INDIRIZZO
Via Roma, 10
43011 Busseto
Italia